It has been a long time since I've posted to this site. Today I learned about a job opening at the Savannah Morning News. These jobs don't come about often so I wanted to pass this one along.
If you know of someone who is qualified and ready for a move, please let them know about this newsroom/digital position.
JOB TITLE: Multimedia Entertainment/Features Reporter
DATE: March 7, 2018
REPORTS TO: Features Assigning Editor
STATEMENT OF THE JOB: Responsible for covering assigned beat(s), as well as general news and feature assignments in a professional journalistic manner for print, digital platforms and social media.
REQUIREMENTS OR SPECIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism or English and at least two to five years of experience as a reporter for a news organization, advanced computer and multimedia skills preferred.
- Must have reliable automobile and smartphone
· Must be licensed driver and carry appropriate auto insurance.
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING: Must have strong computer and proofreading skills. Ability to coordinate and produce content, current events and be enterprising while looking for new angles beyond the routine. Should have solid command of English language and rules of grammar. Must work well with others.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work will be performed inside and outside the newsroom. Must have sense of urgency with news coverage and be able to work under stressful conditions, alone or with a team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
- Diligently cover assigned beat, or beats, and other assignments in multiple formats on multiple platforms. This includes shooting photos and video with most stories.
- Must be able to manage and engage in social media with emphasis on timely information and sourcing.
- Meet deadlines and work under pressure with quality and speed during newsgathering duties. Must be able to work on short- and longer term projects.
- Be accurate, expert in verification and conform to appropriate media style.
- Use a thorough knowledge of current events and the content of the newspaper and apply this knowledge to the job. Initiate ideas for news and feature coverage in all media formats expected and follow through to completion.
- Demonstrate integrity, initiative, integration and innovation in both personal conduct and daily work.
- Be able to develop and maintain sources and knowledge to develop stories and report in timely fashion. Protects confidential information and sources.
- Perform other tasks as necessary or assigned by supervisors.
DEADLINE: March 13, 2018
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: CHECK JOB REQUIREMENTS TO DETERMINE IF YOU ARE QUALIFIED.COMPLETE APPLICATION IN HUMAN RESOURCES.
HUMAN RESOURCES WILL SET UP INTERVIEWS FOR ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS.